Monday, November 28, 2011

Martin Scorsese and 3D



I read an article about Martin Scorsese and how he has dipped his fingers in about every different kind of genre and then I found out he was switching to 3D for his movies. He said because of his experiences with his recent feature Hugo, he has 3D in mind with his next movie. 3D is a touchy subject to some and in my opinion more like a fad. It comes and goes but never really catches on. Maybe I’m wrong, but Scorsese wants to use the 3D as a tool that adds depth as a story telling technique.  I like Scorsese because his films are about the emotion, acting, and the story. I’m just not sure if 3D fits in.  However, back to the article about Martin Scorsese and his ability to fit into all genres of film. Below is an info graphic pointing out different films in certain genres that Martin Scorsese goes through. From Who’s That Knocking at My Door to Boardwalk Empire, Scorsese has done it all. He is also the founder and chairman of The Film Foundation, which has restored more that 550 old movies.





His commitment to 3D is unusual but if he can successfully bring the movie to life like 3D was intended he might have struck gold. After reading the comment that were posted on the Article about him switching to 3D I think it might not be a good decision. To check out the articles click on the link below. Scorsese has an eye for film and would be considered one of the best, the only thing that puzzles my mind is if this is the right move. I hope that my company can create suspense and captivate an audience like film by Scorsese. 

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/161/martin-scorsese

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/nov/28/martin-scorsese-films-3d-hugo


No comments:

Post a Comment